Open to all women amateur golfers who are residents of Alabama in the current year, including those who are currently attending schools within the state . There is no age limitation fo r contestants. The field will be limited to the 48 applicants with the lowest USGA Handicap Indexes as verified on entry forms. No Handicap Index exceeding 18.0 will be considered.
1. All entries must be filed on the Official Entry form, online at www.womensalabamagolf.com . All entries must be received by 5:00 p.m., Monday, June 29, 2009.
2. An entry fee of $150.00, must accompany the entry application. (Fee includes practice round, three days of golf with carts, club storage, range balls, Welcome Party and awards).
3. Contestants will be notified of acceptance, or placement on the waiting list by e-mail, by Tuesday, June 30, 2009.
4. If an applicant withdraws prior to 5:00 p.m., Monday June 29, 2009, the entry fee will be refunded upon request, subject to a $25.00 administrative fee. No refunds will be made for withdrawals after this date.
5. The field is limited to the 48 entries with the lowest Handicap Index received by 5:00 p.m., Monday, June 29, 2009.
There is no age limitation for contestants. Entries are subject to rejection at any time before or during the Championship.
The Women's Alabama Stroke Play
Championship shall be 54
holes of stroke play
competition with contestants playing 18
daily on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The field
will be divided into four (4) flights of twelve players each after
holes, with the low twelve (12) 18-hole posted scores qualifying
for the Championship Flight. The remaining players
will then be positioned into flights 1 through 3, with the next
(12) lowest 18-hole totals going into First Flight, the next
going into Second Flight, and the final twelve going into
All contestants must register prior to their starting time on Monday, July 13th.
SUNDAY, JULY 12
Practice Tee Times... Call Golf Shop
MONDAY, JULY 13
TUESDAY, JULY 14
8:00 a.m ... Second Round Stroke Play
Starting times off #1 and #10 tees
WEDNESDAY, JULY 15
8:00 a.m...Final Round
The host club extends
practice privileges, without greens fees,
all participants on Sunday, July 12. Cart fee is $20.00.
Please call the golf shop at (256) 498-5305
request your practice round
All contestants must use the club’s motorized carts. NO PERSONAL CARTS ALLOWED.
No blue jeans, mini skirts, short shorts, halters or tank tops are allowed. Shorts should be finger tip length or longer. Good judgment in attire is appreciated.
Parents and guests may attend the Welcome Party on Monday evening for a nominal social fee of $ 25 .00 per person. All socials MUST pre-register. NO social fee will be accepted at the host site.
To submit this entry, click on the register button at the bottom of this
page, fill in the registration form completely and click on the submit
questions on entries, please contact Alyson Mitchell at (800) 783-4446 or (205) 979-2550
(between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Central Time, Monday through Friday).
I agree that the Women's Alabama Golf Association has the right to reject, or withdraw, any entry at any time
I am an amateur golfer and I understand the "Rules of Amateur Status" as establish by the United States Golf Association
I assume full responsible of all my acts, whether they be negligent or otherwise, and hold harmless the Women's Alabama Golf Association and/or any of the clubs hosting the Championship event for any injuries
2009 WAGA State Four-Ball
Mountain Brook Club
1025 Montgomery Highway . Suite 210 . Birmingham, AL 35216
PHONE: (205) 979-2550 . FAX: (205) 979-1602